Spring has just begun, which means that it’s time to start figuring out summer plans. While there are hundreds of camps at all price ranges across the city, we’re sharing some free activities NYC families can take advantage of.
- Summer Rising: a mix of academic and enrichment programming that takes place at schools across the city.
- Summer Youth Employment: employment opportunities for high schoolers
- Free swimming lessons: lottery-based free swimming lessons take place at outdoor pools in all five boroughs in the summer. Check back for registration.
- Free tennis, track & field, golf, & soccer: City Parks Foundation offers free summer sports programs at parks across the five boroughs. Registration will open in April.
- Canoe the Bronx River: The Bronx River Alliance offers free canoeing on the Bronx River in the warmer months.